What is the CEO Wheelie Challenge?
The CEO Wheelie Challenge invites participants to experience life in a wheelchair for a day. Your insights into the challenges can be shared with your teams, colleagues, and community to build more inclusive workplaces.
The inaugural CEO Wheelie Challenge
- It is a challenge. As Australians, we love to be challenged.
- I want to join fellow industry leaders in raising funds and awareness
- I want to understand - we take movement around our office for granted, is this the same for everyone?
- I want our business to have an inclusive working environment where all staff feel safe, valued, and respected
- I want to help raise essential funds so people with a disability can continue to participate in sports, recreation, and rehabilitation therapy through the Sporting Wheelies & Disabled Association
Who is Sporting Wheelies & Disabled Association?
What is the Challenge?
- Can you access your office in a wheelchair? Are there ramps, or lifts?
- Are doors easy to open from a chair? Can you fit through in a chair?
- Can you access all areas of the office, including bathrooms, lunchroom, meeting rooms, and print room?
- Is your desk set up as accessible?
How do you participate?
- Register your interest (link to registration page) and we will send you everything you need to know.
- Reach our fundraising minimum of $5,000 before Friday 29th July to qualify to participate in the challenge day.
- Attend the Sporting Wheelies breakfast on Friday 29th July to collect your chair and meet with other business leaders taking on the challenge – or collect your chair from one of our designated collection points.
- Return to your office and start the challenge.
- In the days following the event, we encourage you to share your insights with your team, colleagues, and community.
- Take the steps to create a more inclusive and accessible workplace!